A versatile designer and creative problem-solver with eight years of experience defining & refining brands, helping them communicate effectively through digital and print campaigns. Inspired by life, nature, and motion; fueled by a constant curiosity & desire to do good work for good people.
When I’m not working I can be found outside enjoying nature or hanging out with my lovely wife.
Adobe Creative Suite, Wireframing, Sketching, Communication Design, Interaction Design, Page Layout, Advertising, Media, Pre-press Digital Print Production, Wayfinding, Sketch, SketchUp, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Lightroom, Design Thinking, Supergraphics, Signage, Mock-ups, Presentations, Email Campaigns, Branding, Color Theory, Animation, Infographics, Typography, WordPress, Confluence, Jira, Slack, Balsamiq
Feb 2017—Dec 2018
Developed branding, brand identity guidelines (logo, color palette, icons, photography, typography), sales sheets, data visualizations, email campaigns, conference materials, and newsletters.
- June 2018-Dec 2018, Dove headfirst into Product Design—learned Adobe XD, Sketch, and Balsamiq; led the Product Team in creation of a product style guide and prototypes enabling team members to iterate quickly while keeping design components consistent.
- Sept 17-June 2018, Using SketchUp, designed a new company office space; designed Supergraphics, Wayfinding, and Signage for the newly built environment.
- Worked extensively with IT to brand and implement Confluence, an enterprise level communication/tracking/collaboration tool.
Senior Designer & Strategist
Feb 2015 – Jan 2017
Successfully led an effective rebranding & recruiting initiative that distinguishes CoxReps as experts in media analysis. Led two Designers and a Copywriter with the goal of identifying additional ways to communicate and improve business performance using Cox predictive analytics data.
- Worked alongside executives in identifying brand elements to carry forward and reshape into a brand that envisions the company’s future.
- Developed branding, logo, color palette, typography, brand guidelines, recruiting materials, micro-site, and job-fair banners.
- Collaborated with Data, Research & Analytics Teams in designing sales pitches, presentations, newsletters, emails, and infographics.
- Installed Basecamp as a project management system, increasing bandwidth across teams, and eventually the entire company.
Senior Designer & Strategist
Jan 2015 – Feb 2015
In an organizational redesign to better utilize key talent, moved to another Cox Media Group business to help their team create a more effective branding strategy.
- Designed a full spectrum of materials focusing on media solutions, including email campaigns, whitepapers, data visualizations, infographics, internal messaging, presentations, and sales sheets.
Dec 2011 – Feb 2014
Collaborated with Sales, Product Development, and Data Science teams along with the Creative Director in a deadline-driven environment creating strategic concepts for brand campaigns, infographics, dashboards, presentations, motion graphics, websites, and whitepapers. Provided constructive feedback and direction on advertising strategies and creative planning to inhouse and freelance designers and coordinated with Production and Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Designed email campaigns, whitepapers, data visualizations, infographics, internal messaging, presentations, and sales sheets.
- Helped redesign and migrate the website from Drupal to WordPress.
San Diego City College, Graphic Design 2008